Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Just Bee-cause Bee Card and Tag

Hello friends! I have a card and tag set to share today. I challenged myself to try something new so I went for a distressed/grunge-ish-type of mixed media look. I usually like colorful and cute but these bees were calling me into a different direction....


I made a 5.5"x 5"5 inch square card. I used a couple bees from Jessica Lynn Original stamps that I colored up a while back. It is the digi version of her Big Fat Bee Stamp. I used both Copics (for the black) and Spectrum Noir markers (for the yellows). I added some Wink of Stella to the wings to give them a bit of sparkle.  The paper is from BoBunny and is called Trail Mix Hollow. 


I distressed the edges of the paper and charcoal cardstock layers. I also used Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The honeycomb is an altered cut I made using my Cricut Artfully Sent cartridge in DS. I inked the around the  edges and then I painted it with the Gansai Tambi Starry Colors Gold. I love that stuff! I bought the palette  a while back and was happy to open it up and give it a try. I felt like it needed something more so I added the black rafia bow. I thought about adding bling but I decided to let the bee and sparkly honeycomb be the focus.


Here is the inside. Both sentiments are from the Pink By Design Honey Pie set. 



The medallion on the front is from Gina Marie Dies and I added metallic gold  Wink of Luna around the edges and distressed it with the walnut stain as well. 


I used the Gina Marie Dropped Pennant dies to make my tag. I decorated it similarly to the card and added a raffia tie. 

Thank you all so much for hoppin' by! 

I will participate in the following challenges:
Crazyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge- Use Patterned Paper
Glitter 'N' Sparkle Challenge- Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday- Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges- Challenge 325 Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these are both so fabulous, Tina!! I love the bees!! The designs and details are gorgeous!! You did such a beautiful job with these!! Thank you so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bees are wonderful! I love the tag that goes with the card! That Bo Bunny paper goes together perfectly with the bees! The Gina Marie die is beautiful too! Thanks for joining us at the DL.ART August Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tag & Card look FANTASTIC Tina! Glad you stepped outside your comfort zone... they look so COOL! Love them!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding set. I love the gold honey comb and the way you colored the bees Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday August Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, this is gorgeous! I love the direction your crafty heart drew you for this project... the result is perfection. Each element is so perfect and I especially love the honeycomb and punniness. :o) Your work has long delighted my heart! Thank you for stopping by, my friend. I have been sporadic of sorts, as I am still dealing with my arm injury. Reading your congratulations on my happy news made my day even brighter. Thank you! I'm sending endless love and hugs your way. You are in my heart and prayers. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card and tag - the bee looks fabulous against your papers. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)