Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Mr.Incredible Birthday Card

Hello and happy weekend! Yesterday we celebrated my hubbies birthday. He has been doing an amazing job with his fitness routine. He says he's feeling better and more fit than ever before. I wanted to make him a card and birthday theme to represent his hard work. Here's my project!

We are huge Disney fans in my house and I thought what would be 
better for hubby than Mr.Incredible! 



I used my Cricut Disney's Best of Pixar and the CTMH Artiste cartridges. I made a large Card in the box and of course cut out Mr.Incredible as the main feature. The starbursts and words "pow" and "zap" are all cut from Best of Pixar as well as the "i" symbol. The gable box is from Artiste.



The sparkly gold star cardstock is from the DCWV Edumacation stack. The black and gray cardstock is from a Darice Black and White paper pack. I used Creative Memories mini alphabet stickers for the title. 


The stamps are from My Craft Spot "Build a Birthday." I LOVE this stamp set! So many possibilities! I then added some black rhinestones to give it a little extra but not too much bling. Masculine cards are extra challenging because you can't put too many embellishments or you risk making it too feminine.




The gable box was cut at fit to page to be as large as I could make it.  I added some Wink of Stella clear pen to the icon to give it an extra shimmer. I filled the boxes with candy to give to my hubby and kids. They were a hit!


I hope you liked my project for today! I will participate in the following challenges:


Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fantastic! What a great compliment to you hubby.

    So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute thank you for joining dtc challenge. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tina this is fantastic for a boys birthday!! Cute. Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, oh my this card is truly INCREDIBLE!!!! Tina, you always come up with the best creative ideas for decorating these card in a box type card. I just know that hubby LOVED this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so that is amazing, and I want to make one - did you put the box card in the gable box? And did you use an SVG cut file to make the box card - if so, what was it.

    Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's die cut/sparkle challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute! Thanks for joining us at Scrapbooker PhD this week! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I really do appreciate all the kind words! Have a lovely day :)

Labels

Birthday (5) Birthday Projects (18) Card In A Box (11) Christmas (3) Christmas Projects (57) Coffee theme (2) Craftin Desert Diva's Stamps (157) Easel Card (3) Easter Projects (24) Fall Projects (17) Flip Book (4) Gerda Steiner Designs (2) Get Well Projects (1) Gina Marie Designs (14) Goody Bags (1) Graduation (4) Halloween (2) Halloween projects (30) Happy New Year (1) Harry Potter (4) Hello Bluebird Stamps (1) Hello Kitty (2) Hero Arts (2) Honey Bee Stamps (1) Jaded Blossom (429) Jessica Lynn Original (2) KaDoodle Bug Designs (2) Lawn Fawn (10) Loaded Envelope (1) Lori Whitlock (7) Love Cynthia Stamps (1) Mama Elephant Stamps (5) Masculine Projects (2) Memorydex - Rolodex (2) Mermaids (2) Mini Albums (1) Miss Kate Cuttables (1) Mother's Day (3) My Creative Time Stamps (24) My Favorite Things Stamps (1) My Scrap Chick (7) My SVG's (5) Newtons Nook (101) Planner (14) Pocket Letter (8) Pooh and Friends (5) Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (2) Pretty Pink Posh (3) Rilakkuma (1) Shaker Cards (28) Shaped Card (1) Sister Stamps (1) Slimline Cards (11) Spellbinders (20) St.Patrick's Day (4) Stamp Anniething (156) Stampendous (1) Star Wars (2) SVG Cut Club (39) SVG Cuts (2) SVG Cutting Files (85) SVG Made By Me (2) Swap (1) Thank You (1) The Dreaming Tree (1) The Rabbit Hole Designs (4) Tim Holtz (1) Tina's Cute Critter Challenge (2) Valentine's Day Projects (35) Waffle Flower (1) We R Memory Keepers (1) Wedding Projects (2) Winter Projects (4) You Tube Video Tutorial (227) Your Next Stamp (2)